By Betty L. Gahart RN, Adrienne R. Nazareno PharmD
The no 1 IV drug guide for forty years, Intravenous drugs: A guide for Nurses and overall healthiness Professionals is relied on for its accuracy and accomplished insurance. even if you wish the transportable print model or the handy digital structure, this new version presents crucial facts on administering greater than 350 intravenous (IV) medicinal drugs, entries for brand new IV medications lately authorized by means of the FDA, enormous quantities of recent drug evidence, a close index of common and alternate names and extra - all alphabetically equipped that will help you locate drug details fast and easily.
- UNIQUE! released each year to make sure you have crucial details at the such a lot lately licensed IV medicinal drugs in addition to up-to-date details on current drugs.
- UNIQUE! includes thorough insurance of greater than 350 IV medicinal drugs - providing you with excess of the other related handbook.
- UNIQUE! Time-tested web page structure keep all dosage details for every drug on both a unmarried web page or a two-page unfold to avoid hand illness through having to show a page.
- Consistent, easy-to-use layout provides the entire crucial medical info you would like on IV drug administration.
- Lists IV medicines alphabetically via common identify for fast scientific reference.
- Updated IV drug dilution and dosage charts inside monographs provide easy access to crucial information.
- Special sections highlight dosage variances for geriatric, pediatric, child, and neonatal patients.
- Black field Warnings, screening, and highlighting make finding key details fast and easy.
- Printed thumb tabs help you discover details faster.
"A spouse web site at http://evolve.elsevier.com/IVMeds/ presents indicators, monographs for chosen brokers now not incorporated within the booklet, a step by step instructional for calculating IV drug dosages, IV drug dosage calculators, interactive IV drug dosage examples, printable basic dilution and answer compatibility charts, and more."
- NEW! 4 new drug monographs provide you with present, clinically proper drug info for brand new IV medications lately authorized via the FDA.
- NEW! up to date drug monographs reflect the most recent adjustments in IV drug therapy.
Read or Download 2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e PDF
Similar nursing books
Completely up to date, this award-winning booklet seems to be at spirituality and nursing from many views: theoretical, historic, spiritual, mental, physiological. In her considerate exploration of the reemergence of spirituality as a major think about nursing perform, Barnum strains nursing's involvement with spirituality from its historic ties with faith to the present curiosity in New Age and substitute future health tools.
Colonization has imposed drastic adjustments on indigenous societies in North the United States. This approach has reverberated via cultural conceptions and structures of social roles, rather affecting the jobs of elders and the outdated. This publication charts those alterations via interpreting representations of previous age in American Indian literature.
Take a greater method of English for ESL wellbeing and fitness care scholars and practitioners. This workbook-based process makes use of various interactive studying ideas to boost their mastery of scientific English and their skill to take advantage of and realize it within the healthiness care atmosphere. It’s excellent for either self-study and school room guide.
This functional ebook offers an important consultant to the center verbal exchange abilities and interventions that are on the center of psychological well-being nursing. summary: A consultant to communique in psychological health and wellbeing nursing. It emphasizes on demonstrating using diverse talents in a number of scientific settings.
- Elsevier's Medical Terminology for the Practicing Nurse: In English
- International Practice Development in Nursing and Healthcare
- Boys in White: Student Culture in Medical School
- Leadership for nursing and allied health professions
Extra info for 2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e
Pediatric doses up to 600Â€mg may be drawn up into a syringe and delivered via a syringe pump. ACTIONS A non-salicylate antipyretic and a non-opioid analgesic agent. Exact mechanism of action is unknown but is thought to act through central actions. Widely distributed into most tissues except fat. Low protein binding (10% to 25%). Half-life is approximately 2 to 3 hours. Metabolized in the liver via three different pathways. Metabolites excreted in the urine. â•‡ nâ•‡ Reduction of fever. â•‡ nâ•‡ Patients with severe hepatic impairment or severe active liver disease.
Crosses the placental barrier. Some excretion in urine. INDICATIONS AND USES To prevent or lessen hepatic injury after ingestion of a potentially hepatotoxic quantity of acetaminophen. CONTRAINDICATIONS Known hypersensitivity to acetylcysteine or any of its components. â•‡ nâ•‡ Most effective against severe hepatic injury when administered within 8 hours of ingestion. Administration before 4 hours does not allow enough time to determine an actual need for treatment with acetylcysteine; serum levels drawn before 4 hours have passed may be misleading.
May then be given by IV injection or added to standard IV fluids. IM administration not recommended. Storage: Reconstituted solution stable for 12 hours at RT or 3 days refrigerated. COMPATIBILITY (Underline Indicates Conflicting Compatibility Information) Consider any drug NOT listed as compatible to be INCOMPATIBLE until consulting a pharmacist; specific conditions may apply. One source suggests the following compatibilities: Additive: Ranitidine (Zantac). Y-site: Diltiazem (Cardizem). RATE OF ADMINISTRATION 500 mg or fraction thereof over at least 1 minute or added to IV fluids to be given over 4 to 8 hours.