By Chris Dannen
This booklet profiles builders who've bought the distinguished Apple layout Award for iPhone app excellence. You’ll study all approximately what makes those apps actually standout, together with reasons of significant person interface layout and implementation, in addition to the code less than the hood that makes those the main responsive, intuitive, valuable, and simply undeniable enjoyable apps working at the iPhone.
* Insightful profiles of the builders at the back of Tweetie, Topple 2, AccuTerra, Postage, and wood Labyrinth 3D
* unique motives of the technical wizardry that makes those apps tick
* Full-color screenshots and copious downloadable code snippets to get you begun development the following iPhone layout Award–winning apps
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * How the simplest iPhone and iPod contact apps are built
* How detail-oriented, semi-obsessive designers create great-looking interfaces that transcend mere user-friendliness
* How caffeine-addicted, sugar-fortified programmers optimize each line of Objective-C and squash the main deeply hidden bugs
* How thought moves at not likely occasions and places
* the best way to plan for achievement via studying from the main winning iPhone app developers
<h3>Who is that this e-book for?</h3>
All iPhone builders looking enlightenment from the well-known masters
Read or Download iPhone Design Award-Winning Projects (The Definitive Guide) PDF
Similar design books
For those that are looking to enhance their domestic yet don't know the way to navigate the area of establishing, or know how to get tradesmen to reach on time and entire jobs on funds - an entire how-to of assessing maintenance wishes, allocating the cheap and a time frame.
This e-book has accumulated a couple of exact works on card layout from the superb designers worldwide. The special card layout tasks discuss with the layout of invites, greeting playing cards, promotional fabrics and others. Designers hire beautiful photos, quite a few fabrics and strategies to create a colourful international of the cardboard layout. lots of vintage tasks during this publication have awarded the designers' never-ending creativity!
This booklet offers techniques for sustainable development layout and refurbishment constructed and established via feasibility reviews undertaken via researchers at Scottish universities in collaboration with small to medium dimension organisations in Scotland throughout the ‘CIC begin on-line’ undertaking that ran from September 2009 to February 2013.
An leading edge and well timed consultant to the modeling, layout and implementation of large-range compliant micropositioning platforms in response to flexure hinges - good points cutting edge compact mechanism designs for large-range translational and rotational positioning- offers unique and concise remedy of varied flexure hinges with well-presented layout and regulate tools- specializes in layout implementation and purposes via designated examples.
- Mechanistic-empirical pavement design guide : a manual of practice
- Design of Effective Radiological Effluent Monitoring and Environmental Surveillance Programs
- Handbook of VLSI chip design and expert systems
- Computer-Aided Design of User Interfaces III: Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Computer-Aided Design of User Interfaces 15–17 May 2002, Valenciennes, France
Extra resources for iPhone Design Award-Winning Projects (The Definitive Guide)
Is it tempting to start playing with MapKit and add friend-mapping? Yes, definitely. I don’t have much I can talk about there, but it’s definitely something we think about a lot. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s in Facebook in the future. Is there a point where the Facebook app gets too big? On the 3GS, I don’t feel like I’m pushing that limit yet, but the previous devices were sluggish for sure. The 3GS gives us a lot of room to grow. ] The JPEGs that you download are not exactly scaled to the screen of the iPhone, so you’re downloading images that are a little bigger than they need to be—so holding them in memory and juggling them can cause the device to freak out sometimes.
Call it economy of divulgence. Luckily for Brichter, the rest of Tweetie's user ship hasn't heard of it. com The largest social network on earth wields tremendous power on the iPhone: its technical and visual innovations are so widely used they can become an immediate part of the iPhone UI cannon. Its task is daunting: transport Facebook’s entire app platform on top of an OS that is years younger than Facebook itself (see Figure 2–1). Figure 2–1. Facebook’s unique grid-like home screen, modeled after the iPhone’s own.
19 20 CHAPTER 1: Tweetie Figure 1–9. Tweetie 2’s dynamic lower navigation bar, right, changes depending on what the user views. In Tweetie 1, the lower navigation bar doesn’t exist outside the home screen. Market Share If ever there were a word that encapsulated Twitter, “market share” would be it. The company has no revenue stream and no discernible plans for one, even as profitable cottage industries sprout up around it. IPhone apps are only one slice: on the Web, users can sign up for EasyTweets for marketing, Twuffer for future-scheduled tweeting, Twittervision for real-time mapping, Tweetree for keeping track of @replies, Twtpoll for surveys, FollowFormation for who-to-follow suggestions ...